Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Varicose Veins Stockings in the Office

I am a 52-year-old woman with a demanding job as human resource manager. Naturally, I have to look the part, and have always felt most confident around the office when I wear high heels, short skirts and jackets. A few years ago, I started to develop bulging veins on my calves and became very self-conscious about the appearance of my legs. I stopped wearing skirts to work, but I thought, “this is silly.” Surely there was something I could do about my varicose veins.

I talked to a pharmacist and he told me about varicose veins stockings, which help prevent legs from aching and swelling, and also slow down the development of new varicose veins. These support socks work by applying pressure to the legs and getting the blood circulating properly. Since discovering this easy way of managing varicose veins, I’ve been wearing Jobst support socks and stockings, and I wish I had discovered them sooner. My favorite varicose veins stockings are Jobst’s UltraSheer Thigh High Closed Toe stockings, which come in sun bronze, silky beige and black. They relieve my aching legs when I’m at work and stop the swelling, and best of all, they look sheer and elegant—just like the regular stockings I used to wear. I’m back in my short skirts and managing my staff with confidence.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post,Varicose veins can be difficult to deal with. varicose vein is mainly affects for women. So just be bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Varicose veins create a bad look to the skin. No one will like it and the nice thing is that good stockings can help us from looking bad with the varicose veins. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting. For related help, visit,
    westchester spider veins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Varicos Veins Causes Symtpoms and Treatment

    Varicose veins are enlarged and tortuous veins, most commonly in leg but may be found elsewhere. There are two, superficial and deep, venous systems in our leg. The blood from the superficial veins is drained into the deep veins by network of one way valves. Deep veins are high pressure system being with in muscles, which pump thee blood heart wards.

    http://www.heart-consult.com/articles/varicos-veins-causes-symtpoms-and-treatment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Varicose veins are important during pregnancy. During pregnancy, the uterus exerts increasing pressure on the veins added.

    veins

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking for cute compression socks like those in the above picture (white with a stripe). Do you possibly have an idea where I could purchase them? I'm having a hard time finding any cool looking compression socks. THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surgical techniques used for dealing with varicose veins have been practised over 150 years, typically involving stripping of the "saphenous vein" - the main superficial vein prone to becoming varicose.

    UltraClear PLUS UltraClear PLUS

    ReplyDelete