Monday, June 28, 2010

Feel Confident in Varicose Veins Stockings

I’ve always been really proud of my legs and would always wear short skirts. I used to teach ballroom dancing, bartend, waitress, and work as a receptionist in a doctor’s office, among other jobs, and I always wore heels and showed off my shapely calves.

I started to develop varicose veins a few years ago, and it came as a shock, even though I was aware of a family history of this condition. I was only in my 40s, and the prospect of having to wear varicose veins stockings was scary to me. I was very self-conscious about how my legs looked so I changed the way I dressed – but didn’t feel half as sexy or confident in slacks. The worse thing, though, was the discomfort, not the appearance; when I was bartending, my legs would start to swell and it was a challenge to stay on my feet during my shift.

My varicose veins weren’t bad enough to require surgery, but I knew that I needed to wear compression socks to help me stay comfortable – even though I was worried about them being ugly. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised by the range of varicose veins stockings that are available. They relieve the swelling in my legs, and actually look much like regular stockings. I’m wearing skirts again and feeling confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment