Monday, June 21, 2010

I Love My Maternity Support Girdle

I used a maternity support girdle when I was pregnant with my first child, and it was a blessing. I was a little resistant to the idea at first – after all, women have been having babies for centuries without this form of abdominal support – but as soon as I put it on, it felt right.

I’ve always been a jogger, and before I started using the maternity girdle, I felt naked and could feel a weight pressing on my bladder – it also didn't seem very safe for bub to be bouncing around without any support. With the support belt, I jogged with my Labrador for a few miles every day and felt completely protected – there was no pressure on my abdomen, lower back or legs.

Pregnancy belts are worn under your clothes (or over your pants, if you prefer) and they hide well – when I was wearing them, no one could tell! They’re very streamlined so they really don’t make your tummy look even bigger than it really is. And my doctor said a maternity support girdle would help my body recover more quickly after pregnancy since it reduces stretching of abdominal muscles.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! Now, i understand that, that support girdle does not only work for people who work that involves straining or lifting, or sitting for a long periods of time that causes pain in the lumbar area but also for pregnant women experiencing lumbar lordosis. Thanks for the information, it was very helpful!

    http://www.backaline.com/

    ReplyDelete